Author Topic: sent mails has been lost  (Read 4324 times)

Offline thibotus01

sent mails has been lost
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »
Hello,

I transfered roundcube between two servers. I copied all Mysql Database, and all folders, exactly the same.

But on the new server, all sent mails has been lost.... All mails saved in the "sent box" has gone....

Bug ?

Offline kali

Re: sent mails has been lost
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »
There seems to be ongoing confusion on this board regarding what RC is (and is not). RoundCube is an "interface" to the imap server. It is not an MTA, or in itself an IMAP server. It just makes an IMAP connection and interfaces with the server (whether it's Cyrus, or Dovecot or UW-IMAP), just as any client MUA such as Outlook or Thunderbird would.

When you say you moved between two servers, did you just move RC or did the IMAP server (and associated mailboxes) move as well? Or are you using RC to point to another IMAP server (at another name or IP)?

Unless the "sent" mail on the mail server was deleted or moved, it is not "lost", but is perhaps not visible?

Offline thibotus01

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:23:55 AM »
i think i understood what is RC.

So, un moved juste RC on a different server. Not the entiere IMAP SERVER and mailboxes. But RC read on the IMAP SERVER ? It does'nt keep the emails in the mysql database or log files ?

Offline kali

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:26:48 PM »
Quote from: thibotus01
i think i understood what is RC.

So, un moved juste RC on a different server. Not the entiere IMAP SERVER and mailboxes. But RC read on the IMAP SERVER ? It does'nt keep the emails in the mysql database or log files ?

If I understand what you are saying correctly, then you did not move the imap server, just the RC installation. Your mail will be visible if you point RC to look at the original IMAP server (IP or FQDN). No, rc does not keep a store of mail (although it has capability to cache information for performance purposes).

Offline oxygens

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »
If you want to keep all your old sendmails here is a really simple workaround.

Setup an IMAP account in outlook for your old server, download all the sent items from your IMAP sent folderinto your normal sent folder.

Setup an IMAP account in outlook for your new server, upload all the sent items from your normal sent folder into the IMAP sent folder.

Offline peterhob

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »
@deastwood;

Thanks for the tip, it was just what I needed to transfer the mail for a customer who switched hosting.
Roundcube SVN 606, with the 'sound on new email' modification.

Offline oxygens

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »
no probs, there are more complicated and faster ways of doing it but sometimes the easiest work best :)