Author Topic: Password changer  (Read 6105 times)

Offline krusnix

Password changer
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »
Well basically I want my co-workers to be able to change their passwords via roundcube (the host is dreamhost), but I want to know how about doing that. I looked at all the plug-ins, but am not sure if thats what I need or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Offline bugler

Re: Password changer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:06:40 AM »
Hi,

changing the password doesn´t have to do with roundcube. It has to do with your email server.

I mean you have to set up the form in roundcube pages but at the end you have to somehow tell your mail server to change the pass.

In my case with postifx i had to change the table users (a different one in a different database) to make the change.

I hope this helps a little.

Ed.

Offline krusnix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:44:32 PM »
Okay so I have to change the tables in the sql... How would I go about doing that? There really isn't a tutorial for this, when there should be :/

Offline FatJonny

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:25:38 PM »
There are a few different "change password" threads in this forum with patches for creating a "change password" option in your users settings.

Once you have figured out how your email server works and which files need to be changed, you can apply the relevant patch.

For me, I'm on a shared hosting server (bluehost), which uses cPanel and saves email passwords in shadow files. So I installed this patch. It's just two simple files which are uploaded into your roundcube installation. It was easy to do and works great!

http://www.ingeniarte.com/rcpasswd.php