Author Topic: Setup Problems : IIS + PHP 4.4.5 + SQLite + Mercury Mail Transport  (Read 3367 times)

maxime

Hello,

I'm sorry if this message should belong to another category. I'm having issues setting up RoundCubeMail.

First, let me explain what happens :

a) I have installed and correctly configured Mercury Mail Transport (SMTP + IMAP4 server). I can check that this server correctly receives messages and that I can successfully retrieve the contents of the mailbox using a IMAP mail user agent (ThunderBird). So, I think I do not have any problems with the mail server.

b) Then, I have installed and checked that my PHP 4.4.5 integration with IIS is correctly configured. I can see very simple PHP pages but all RoundCube tells me is "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE".

Reading the "logs/errors" file, I see a "DB Error: extension cannot be found". Indeed, the extension php_sqlite.dll library was not part of the PHP distribution at all, so I found another one on the internet, labeled version 4.4.1 (4_4).

Now, RoundCube displays the login page. As soon as I login (using one of the IMAP server users login/password) I see that a new database "slqite.db" is created on the filesystem. Unfortunately, I cannot see what's created inside because SQLite tells me that "the file is either encrypted or not a valid database file". I have tried to create the "sqlite.db" file myself and create the database structure using the provided SQL script, but then RoundCube says "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" again.

The second thing is, as soon as I login, I get an "HTTP 405 - Resource not authorized" error from IIS. I can see that no login attempts where made on the IMAP server side. I get no errors in RoundCube logs, but the IIS log file reveals the following line, wit no more precisions :

"/webmail/ 405"

My questions :

i) Does RoundCube support "Mercury Mail Transport" mail server ?
ii) Is the mismatch between versions of php_sqlite.dll and the php distribution likely to cause a problem ?
iii) Should I let RoundCube create the database for me, or should I pre-create the sqlite.db database ?

What did I do wrong ?

Thank you for your time an patience.
I hope someone will put me on the right track.