Author Topic: DataBase Error  (Read 4142 times)

Offline dc

DataBase Error
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:59:03 AM »
hey, i have a hosting from servage.net and they dont give any command line. is there a way i can install this. i think im having problem im the database thing. i dont know how to give the host and stuff. servage.net gives a different sub host/server for each database i make.

eg:

123s.servage.net <-server/host
boduashi <-database
boduashi <-username
boduashi <-pass

!!! i realy want to install this system to my site. i have tried to install a lot of mail scripts and nothing worked. i think this one might so is there any one/any way someone can help ?

Offline microUgly

Re: DataBase Error
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:04:52 PM »
I'm also with servage.net and am having the same issue. You can read my post here - http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1356.0

First thing first, I would test that you can connect with those details using a simple script. When I first set up my database I couldn't connect from using PHP at all and had to contact Servage support to correct it. You can use the code I posted in the thread linked above to test it.

If that works and RoundCube still doesn't then there maybe something up with our host. In which case we may need to log a ticket with them.

It would be a great help if someone could tell us where in the RoundCube does the DB connection is made. This way I could attempt to narrow down the cause.

Offline dc

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 12:56:43 AM »
Great the problem is solved ;) ;D
i can view my inbox know. but how do i register using roundcubemail ?

Offline microUgly

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 02:42:56 AM »
Quote from: dc
Great the problem is solved ;) ;D
i can view my inbox know. but how do i register using roundcubemail ?

So how did you fix it?

Even though I can connect with that PHP script, I still can't connect with RoundCube.

Offline dc

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://micromail:********@mysql1023.servage.net/micromail';
that login. . its correct.. no u have to go to config/main.inc.php and do the following

$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = TRUE;
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'srv5-imap.servage.net';
$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'yourdomain.com';
$rcmail_config['mail_domain'] = 'yourdomain.com';
$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'smtp2.servage.net';

the lines in red you have to change. cheerz~

Offline microUgly

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 05:04:10 PM »
Nah, I'm still getting "DB Error: connect failed".

The settings you described shouldn't have bearing on RC's ability to connect to the database.

If yours is working and mine isn't then I suspect it may be something up with how Servage created my database. I think I'll need to log a support request.

Offline microUgly

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »
Ok. It's working now.

There was obviously something screwy with the database. I deleted and created a v4 (instead of v5) and it worked. So I deleted that one and created a v5 database again (just to see if the version was the problem) and it worked.

So it's all good now.