Author Topic: JPG and JPEG Extensions display differently in RC  (Read 4250 times)

Offline SailingCyclops

JPG and JPEG Extensions display differently in RC
« on: June 21, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »
Hi:

I have installed Roundcube V.0.9.0 on an OSX Server running OSX 10.8.4. Roundcube is the webmail front-end to Postfix/Dovecot. Everything is working perfectly except for one thing. When an email is received which contains an image file named image.jpg the image is replaced with a pink box in the Roundcube interface. The pink box is a gif file, and seems to be a place holder replacing the original image.

I have set Roundcube's user preferences in Settings ==> Displaying Messages ==> Display Remote Images ==> to Always. That setting should allow Roundcube to properly display whatever image is received, but it doesn't. When I look at the raw email, or view it in a mailer like Thunderbird,  I see a properly encoded email with mime-encoded images displayed properly. This RC behavior only happens with attached images which have .jpg extensions. If I attach the same file renamed image.jpeg it displays fine. Only images with extension jpg fail to display.

On my MACs, all Jpeg files are named with an extension of jpg, not jpeg. So emails sent from my MACs  with images attached will have .jpg file attachments.  Roundcube fails to recognize extension JPG as a JPEG file even though they are the same. Is there a fix for this? Where in Roundcube's internals can I turn off/change/correct this behavior? Or have I mis-configured something in the back-end? PHP perhaps? MySql? Something in Apache2? I have checked Apache's Mime.types and it has jpg and jpeg extensions properly listed.

TIA

Offline alec

Re: JPG and JPEG Extensions display differently in RC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »
Upgrade to 0.9.2. It was fixed.

Offline SailingCyclops

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »
Oh wow. I just installed what I thought was the latest version last month. Is there an upgrade path? Or do I need to do a complete re-install. Can all the Mysql and other "tweaks" required to get this to work properly be ported over? Or do I have to go through the entire install again?

Thanks

P.S. Is there a DIFF fix for this?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:07:43 PM by SailingCyclops »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »
How to upgrade: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Upgrade
Change in question: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/05b5f969d5c10850291ae413b89461ca1f6bcc5d

You really should just do the full update since there is more than a single bug thats been fixed.

Offline SailingCyclops

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
Thanks! I will do the full upgrade on a parallel server. In the meantime, I can apply the JPG fix. This gives me some slack-time and a way to provide backup in the event there are prerequisite issues with the new install.

Thanks again folks, I looked for an answer to this far and wide until I ran into this forum. The RoundCube mailing list was no help as it appears to be dead.

Offline alec

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »
The list is not dead and there was a response to such (yours?) problem last week.