Author Topic: My Contacts in Address Book has disappeared!  (Read 4696 times)

Offline MWLDN

My Contacts in Address Book has disappeared!
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
Hi all,

I'm quite new to the Roundcube platform and I'm not as advanced as some of the Wizzes on here. But I've just managed to update to the new version of Roundcube 0.9.2 from 0.8.9 (I thiiink).

Anyways, I did the whole copy the 'main.inc.php' copy thing so it carries over but I've just realised that I have no contacts! I've tried to speak to my web-hosting company (not very helpful) and all they could recommend is recopying each contact one-by-one  :-\

So I took it upon myself to log in to the myPHPAdmin panel of my hosting account and there seems to be a table in the database called 'contacts' and I can literally see ALL my contacts there but why aren't they in my address book??

HELP PLEEEEEEEASE!

Thanks a lot guys!

ps. Remember I'm not uber-technical so please be patient with me and I'd ask if you could kindly explain things in Goo-goo-ga-ga language... Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:46:49 AM by MWLDN »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: My Contacts in Address Book has disappeared!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:27:56 AM »
Did you follow the instructions in the UPGRADING document? Sounds as if you didn't apply the database schema updates.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline MWLDN

Re: My Contacts in Address Book has disappeared!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »
Funnily enough, an assistant from my Web-Hosting company walked me through the installation. I assume that the Schema you refer to was overlooked.

I have a backup of the previous version (which I downloaded last Friday when before I upgraded minutes later). Does that help?

What would you suggest is the best way to go about this with minimal damage!  ???