Author Topic: Unable to install latest version on el6 with php 5.5  (Read 4779 times)

Offline sean

Unable to install latest version on el6 with php 5.5
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
I have an issue with installation on a EL6 box currently running php 5.5 and roundcubemail-0.9.2 all i get in the error log directory is the below and just a white page served

[18-Jul-2013 21:17:22 +0000]: DB Error: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver:  in /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 75 (GET /roundcubemail/)
[18-Jul-2013 21:17:23 +0000]: DB Error: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver:  in /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 75 (GET /roundcubemail/)

my connection string is as below
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:XXXXXXXX@Y.Y.Y.Y/roundcubemail';

Running the installer gets to the point where it generates the config files all be it with the below errors although im pretty sure the below is not related but possibly something to be fixed?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /usr/share/roundcubemail/installer/rcube_install.php on line 224

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /usr/share/roundcubemail/installer/rcube_install.php on line 224

then it doesnt matter what I do the next page always gives the below

Check config files

main.inc.php:  NOT OK(Unable to read file. Did you create the config files?)
db.inc.php:  NOT OK(Unable to read file. Did you create the config files?)
Check if directories are writable

Roundcube may need to write/save files into these directories

Config:  NOT OK(Could not read config files)
Check DB config

Config:  NOT OK(Could not read config files)

Now i have tripple checked permissions and tried also as a test just setting 777 but regardless of what I do it just cant make it connect to the database,

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Unable to install latest version on el6 with php 5.5
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:31 PM »
1. Do you have php-pdo installed?
2. Do you have pdo-mysql installed?

The Deprecated: preg_replace() errors have been fixed in git, you may want to grab the latest in the 0.9.x branch: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/release-0.9

Offline sean

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:45:02 PM »
yep both installed as required but all i ever get is it cant read the config files

[root@xxx ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i pdo
php-ZendFramework-Db-Adapter-Pdo-1.12.3-1.el6.remi.noarch
php-ZendFramework-Db-Adapter-Pdo-Mysql-1.12.3-1.el6.remi.noarch
php55w-pdo-5.5.0-1.w6.x86_64

Offline sean

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
OK i feel embarrassed to post this now but in the spirit of  not posting and running im an idiot :-)

Found this by stracing apache and seeing what was failing the config files come as db.inc.php.dist, stupidly I didnt rename them to db.inc.php so yeah sorry for the time wasted people :) and thanks for your help