Author Topic: Configure roundcube to receive from large amount of accounts?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline AL-Kateb

Hello all, I am developing an educational website, I have lots of volunteers, might reach to thousands who will provide their email accounts, I am writing a script that connects to remote POP3 servers to fetch email messages, but I found it a lot "un-organized" the way I do it, so I thought I could install roundcube on my server and configure it to receive messages from all these email accounts, after all roundcube is the best PHP webmail client there is, and nothing I can do will compensate for that.

I did a little search with no luck, I tried to figure a way to make roundcube receive accounts from remote pop3 servers but I could not find a way to do that, I have root access on that server if any plugin or whatever needs to be installed, and almost all accounts are hotmail accounts, so I hope you can help me here.

Thanks.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Configure roundcube to receive from large amount of accounts?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »
RoundCube doesn't support POP its IMAP only.

Offline AL-Kateb

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:51:07 AM »
I think IMAP will work cos hotmail supports it I think, is there a way to do this?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
Last I time I checked Hotmail didn't support IMAP.