Author Topic: signup option  (Read 5267 times)

Offline murray1958

signup option
« on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »
Does Roundcube webmail have a new account signup option

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: signup option
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:52:54 AM »
No, and its not something that can easily be added because every mail server has different requirements to setup new accounts.

Offline Salahoona

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »
Well, WHOS provided a php script back in 2008 with the subject "Let Users Signup for email accounts. hMailServer + RoundCube".  It's on my to do list. There is also an early (2008) copy of the 'register' plugin floating around and it too is based on the hmail driver.

Myroundcube have a 'register' plugin which is probably based on the 2008 version but with several drivers, including hmail. You have to install their 'plugin_manager' plugin before you can download and install. Also 'plugin_manager' will not install unless you put one of their files in your server root. I work offline in a remote cabin and only install on the server when all problems are resolved.  It irritates me that I shall have to give in and accept their "tail wagging the dog" system  >:( .

Offline Salahoona

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
I made a mistake in thinking there should be a Roundcube 'register' facility.  To do so would be like sniffing up every tree in the forest - every up to date mailserver driver there is. Instead, I will find a register (signup) script for my mailserver (hmailserver) and may or may not provide a link on Roundcube.  It is essentially a webserver problem, not a webmail problem.

I have installed the password plugin and am delighted with Roundcube.

Offline Volnhar

• http://www.andrew.stoker.name/wp
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »
Myroundcube has a register plugin that you can look at.