Author Topic: IE 7 on Vista speed and creep  (Read 3431 times)

Offline thumper_svx

IE 7 on Vista speed and creep
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:13:23 AM »
Love Roundcube, I think it shows real potential (and is much nicer than Squirrelmail which I used before). However, I've got a rather annoying problem.

Basically, I run IE7 on Vista at work and like to check my email from work occasionally. However, I've noticed that when I go to my inbox (or any folder) list with IE7 the list of emails "creeps". It comes up quickly, but then it's almost like it refreshes each line of the folder contents list in turn, making each line taller by a few pixels. This means that every time I open a mailbox it takes at least 10-15 seconds before I can do anything with it. Once I've opened an email and closed it to return to my inbox, that same 10-15 seconds is repeated.

It's not critical, but it is annoying. It might be something in the way IE7 on Vista handles fonts but I'm not sure. I've tried it using Firefox on my Mac and everything seems OK... but I can't use my Mac at work!

Any thoughts or assistance, here?

Offline luckman212

Re: IE 7 on Vista speed and creep
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:05:19 AM »
I am having the same issue, but on IE7 under XP32 bit. Is there any fix or planned fix for this? More and more users are getting IE7 at my office due to Windows Update, despite me urging them to stay w. v6. Inevitably they will all have v7 so I would like to know if there is a workaround for this issue!
thanks! :)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 04:58:36 AM »
I have run roundcube on IE7 on both XP and vista, with over 1000 e-mail's and have never had any problems with speed. What this means is the the sever or mail sever that roundcube is on is slow, or that the computers that your on don't have enough power.

Offline luckman212

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »
It cant be a server issue because it runs perfectly fine in IE6 as well as Firefox.