Author Topic: I have some questions (Help Please)  (Read 3576 times)

Offline EZ

I have some questions (Help Please)
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Ok the server im using is fat cow it has a quick installer with this software available. So two weeks ago I have decided to give it a shot. I would like the members of my forums to be able to create there own email @mysite. It seems the instructions are simple but I just cant get anything to work for me. I am really beginning to get aggravated with my self.

OK first question- I have it installed through the easy installer. I get a log-in screen that asks for user name / password /and server.

Now I have (Path to SendMail, Webmail URL, Outgoing Mail Server, Incoming Mail Server, Nameservers. How do I know witch one of those links I should use?

The user name and password- During setup It never give me a option to set up a username and or a password. So how do I know what to log in with?

Will each of my forum member need the server information to also set up a email? Can they set up there own email or do I have to do it for them?

Im sorry for all the questions that may seem stupid to the experienced members here. I am disabled now and have a hard time with these things that use to come easy. Thanks for your help in advance.

Also do u offer a setup service that is fairly cheep?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: I have some questions (Help Please)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »
RoundCube is only a webmail client so it doesn't have the ability to create users or allow user to register. You'll need to create the email account separately. You should login with mail account username (usually the email address) and password. The Incoming Mail Server is what you should put in the server field, you can set the default_host  option in RC root/config/main.inc.php so you don't have to enter it every time. I'd be willing to help you set it up but it sounds like you already basically have it ready to go.

Offline EZ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
It would be great to have your help. I would so appreciate it. I keep trying keep messing it up and keep starting over with a fresh copy..

Once it is up do I create a new email account for each member? through round cube?? Can they change there password once in?? I only have 35 members that want the email address. I'm just trying to figure out the best way.  I am going to send you a PM with my server log in.

Offline EZ

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
YAY Its working.. I didn't realize I had to set up a email on the server. :)

Offline EZ

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Can you tell me what this setting is for?

// automatically create a new Roundcube user when log-in the first time.
// a new user will be created once the IMAP login succeeds.
// set to false if only registered users can use this service
$rcmail_config['auto_create_user'] = true;

If I set this to true do I still have to set the email up on the back end??

I want to offer my members a email address I don't mind setting it up in the back end and issuing a password but they might not like me knowing there password. Can they change it from round cube after they log in?? I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is.