Author Topic: Connection to IMAP Server Failed during login  (Read 7362 times)

Offline networkguy09

Connection to IMAP Server Failed during login
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
Version 0.9.4

Roundcube was working just fine for me until recently. The only changes I've made were to apply a comodo SSL cert to apache and reboot my server.

dovecot is running, IMAP appears to be working as I can telnet to port 143 and 993. Only weird thing though is I don't get a Dovecot ready OK message anymore

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Connection to IMAP Server Failed during login
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 02:36:44 AM »
dovecot is running, IMAP appears to be working as I can telnet to port 143 and 993. Only weird thing though is I don't get a Dovecot ready OK message anymore

i'd say IMAP does not appear to be working because your IMAP server is not responding with the banner. have you looked in your dovecot logs to make sure everything is ok there?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline networkguy09

Re: Connection to IMAP Server Failed during login
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Code: [Select]
Oct 10 17:43:52 config: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
Oct 10 17:43:52 config: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf:15: ssl_key_file has been replaced by ssl_key = <file
Oct 10 17:43:52 imap-login: Fatal: Can't load ssl_cert: There is no valid PEM certificate. (You probably forgot '<' from ssl_cert=</etc/ssl/certs/netrensics_com.crt)
Oct 10 17:43:52 master: Error: service(imap-login): command startup failed, throttling for 60 secs

Back working. I reverted the changes I made in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf back to default.

Forgot I had edited that file trying to follow a guide I had read somewhere. I've been trying to get IMAP to use my comodo cert instead of a self generated one because Thunderbird complains about that. Not even sure I can use that cert this way but thought it might be possible. In any case, Roundcube problem solved. :)

When I telnet to port 143 I get Dovecot ready OK message but not when trying port 993. Not sure if that's normal or not.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:39:11 AM by networkguy09 »