Author Topic: Installation problems - 500 error, and other issues  (Read 3616 times)

Offline dotdavid

Installation problems - 500 error, and other issues
« on: June 08, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
Sorry if these issues are covered elsewhere, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything.

I've attempted to install Roundcube RC1 on two different servers. One is a Linux-based shared server hosted by 1&1 on PHP 4.x with a MySQL 4.x backend, the other is a Windows 2003-based virtual private server which I have configured myself with Apache, PHP 4.x and MySQL 5.x.

- On the linux server, after doing a clean reinstall (with individual settings copied from a previous Roundcube SVN installation, with all old files deleted, and with the database reinitialised), all I get is a 500: Internal Server Error. I'm not sure how much more information I can get from 1&1 as I don't have access to server logs. I do find it odd that a previous release did work fine however and wonder if I've missed something obvious. Changing parts of the configuration doesn't appear to make a difference.

- On the Windows server, after a clean (new, from scratch) install I can log into my email successfully. However I have the following issues:
1) I cannot click on any emails, nor any folders.
2) The compose email and check for new messages buttons are "greyed out".
3) The address book and settings pages can be navigated to, but once there you can't change anything.
4) Clicking log out redirects you to http://server.address/undefined&_action=logout - I don't know why it says undefined there.
5) In the apache error log, the keep alive requests also refer to "undefined".
6) I have tried this in Opera 9, Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox 2. Firefox reports errors like the following in the error log

Error: rcmail.focus_folder is not a function
Source File: http://server.address/?_task=mail
Line: 1
- seems to have a problem parsing the folder and email focusing stuff, which would explain why I can't click on emails or folders.

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'height'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://server.address/skins/default/mail.css
Line: 786
- there are many such CSS warnings reported.

Can anyone help me?

Offline regres

Re: Installation problems - 500 error, and
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »
I also had a '500: Internal Server Error' problem after fresh install.
Solution was, in my case, very simple - I've deleted all .htaccess files (from main directory, config, logs and temp).
I don't know exactly what part in those files was causing problems, but deleting them solved everything (at leas I hope so...).

Hope this will help a bit
Regards
regres

Offline dotdavid

Re: Installation problems - 500 error, and
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 02:29:05 PM »
Thanks Regres! On the 1&1 server I commented out the following lines in .htaccess and it's now working fine.

php_flag   display_errors   Off
php_flag   log_errors   On
php_value   error_log   logs/errors
php_value   upload_max_filesize   2M

Not sure why my host won't let me set/run these values.

Bizzarely, my VPS installation also appears to be working fine now. I'm wondering whether it was something to do with the PC I was using?

Thanks for your help :)

Offline dotdavid

Re: FIXED - Installation problems - 500 error, and other issues
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:06:19 AM »
Hmm, looks like a browser (or perhaps my work proxy) issue - at work both my installations return javascript errors in Firefox, IE and Opera - but at home they work fine. It's very odd.