Author Topic: Trouble with rc-vacation plugin. tries to send to autoreply.my.domain  (Read 4874 times)

Offline vmos

Right, I've got  rc-vacation https://github.com/bhuisgen/rc-vacation installed and it's mostly working. I'm using ubuntu, postfix, mysql, dovecot and that.
Whenever I enable it, it creates an alias for user test@testdomain.com and points it to test@testdomain.com,test#testdomain.com@autoreply.my.domain

Then the sender of the original message gets a bounceback saying that they can't send mail to test#testdomain.com@autoreply.my.domain, because obviously that domain doesn't exist, although the original message gets through to the recipient.

Now that autoreply.my.domain, is it meant to literally be autoreply.my.domain or should it be localhost or something dynamic or do I need to modify the postfix conf to handle that somehow or what?

Offline vmos

Re: Trouble with rc-vacation plugin. tries to send to autoreply.my.domain
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
OK, progress. It seems it relies on the vacation.pl (which is a part of http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/) You need to add a transport entry so that autoreply.my.domain gets directed to vacation.pl which does the business of sending the autoreply (the docs for that are pretty detailed) however, I'm still having a problem

I'm getting the error "autoreply.my.domain loops back to myself" somewhere postfix is missing a step and not doing it's thing. Anyone got any ideas?

Offline vmos

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:08:28 AM »
duh, forgot this

#/etc/postfix/main.cf:
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

now I'm getting this

:send_vacation_email - Failed to send vacation response: Connection not established

working on it

Offline vmos

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
OK, that appears to be working now. I had to actually give the vacation.pl script users details for smtp authentication

our $smtp_server = 'localhost';

our $smtp_auth = 'PLAIN';
# username used to login to the server
our $smtp_authid = 'someuser';
# password used to login to the server
our $smtp_authpwd = 'somepass';

which doesn't really make sense as every other perl script i use can just send from localhost with no login details, seeing if I can refine it

/edit, turns out the login details are irrelevant, it works as long as I send it to "mail.mydomain.net" just not localhost or 127.0.0.1, that's good enough for me
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:34:09 AM by vmos »