Author Topic: Inline images are still not displayed correctly  (Read 4025 times)

Offline mr.b

Inline images are still not displayed correctly
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:04 AM »
Hi folks,

I am still having issues with inline images not being displayed correctly. I have tried all kinds of browsers (IE5.5, IE6, IE7, FF2, Opera) on Windows XP although I do not think that it is a browser issue. I have created an example e-mail using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The e-mail is displayed correctly by Outlook Express, Apple Mail, Squirrelmail and (of course) Outlook 2003.

I can provide the source code of the e-mail on request.

Thanks
Mr. B

Offline mr.b

Re: Inline images are still not displayed correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »
Anyone? Does it work on your servers? Just give me a quick hint so I know whether it is a roundcube issue or not.

Thanks
Mr. B

Offline mr.b

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »
Well, meanwhile I did notice that nobody is interested in helping me ;-)

Anyway, I did solve the problem now. The issue is caused by the German localization files (de_DE). I do not exactly know why, but if you use these language files a "Content-Type: text/html" header is sent which apparently cannot be overwritten by the content type header of the inline image. Without the correct media type, of course, the image cannot be displayed.

I have simply replaced the German localization files with the Swiss ones (de_CH) and now everything works fine.

Regards
Mr. B

Offline myon

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:13 AM »
Hi Mr.B,

i had the same problem, but thanks to your thread I knew where to search.

How to solve the problem:

The problem was the de_DE/messages.inc

There are 2 ways of saving an UTF-8 encoded file, with or without BOM (Byte Order Mark). These 3 bytes (EF BB BF) saved at the beginning of the utf-8 file cause Apache to send all attachments as content-type:text.

This should be corrected in the roundcube release candidate!!!
If you cannot tell your text-editor to save the utf-8 encoded file without BOM, you can open the 'messages.inc' in a hex editor and delete the 3 bytes at the beginning of the file before "
regards,
myon

Offline Florianer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:53:51 AM »
Just my two cents... I have installed SVN 666 yesterday and now tried to change my language to German. I have all the inline images shown properly... think, this is now fixed... just install the latest SVN.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature