Author Topic: Logged out while composing reply  (Read 3704 times)

Offline nelgin

Logged out while composing reply
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »
Twice now I have been composing a message and have been logged out without any warning. I'm rather pissed too because it was a long reply I was in the middle of.

This was using the latest Firefox. Anyone else had similar issues?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Logged out while composing reply
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:15:44 PM »
Yup. If you don't do anything for like 10 or 15 minutes, it automatically logs you out. The devs have to balance this issue between two groups: (1) those that use Roundcube in public places and get up and leave, and (2) those that don't ever want to be logged out. The issue is that it becomes a security concern if you don't have this "activity" check in there.

I know you can disable it, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. You'd have to remove the check from the code, not sure how intensive it'd be to do that though.

Offline digitalslave

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:23:42 PM »
doesnt it save a draft every 5 minutes??? why not check between those states and see if there were changes and if so reset the 15 minute counter??

sounds like a plan to me!

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »
Sounds like a feature request / enhancement to me!!

Offline nelgin

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »
There is no draft, no. And I am pretty sure I was typing at the time. I know I wasn't idle for more than 10 minutes, probably no more than a couple if any.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:27:37 PM »
Well, the server can't read your "typing" as an action. Roundcube, I'm pretty sure, uses your mouse clicking a link as an action. Every time you manually run a command by clicking a button / link in the RC interface, that counts as an action. Typing doesn't. Sorry :(

I don't know if drafts are really implemented yet.