Author Topic: Image Display Option  (Read 7598 times)

Offline w7

Image Display Option
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
It would be really nice if RC could support the following:

(a) a user-preference to disable -or enable- display of external images referred from the HTML message body by default

(b) a tool to display those images and refresh the screen if image display was disabled and message found harmless.

Following external links by default is a serious concern, as those links can be used to confirm the validity of the email address to a spammer, and probably do a lot more unwanted things.

I realise RC supports the "don't show HTML" option. I consider this a workaround, but not a solution. The times of 7-bit ASCII text messages are over, I hope.

Offline Florianer

Re: Image Display Option
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:55:14 AM »
OK, once more SVN 639. I receive a HTML email including external images. Now, all images are blocked and RC asks me on top off the mail body, if I like to allow those images and if so, the mail will be reloaded with all the images... isn't this, what you want to have?
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline w7

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 04:16:00 AM »
I think you are saying the right things. Feel free to mark this as resolved if you feel this is the case - while I am happy to help with reporting issues and testing fixes, I don't think I am ready to muck about with unstable releases on my site.

Offline Florianer

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:22:19 AM »
 :D who said something about unstable, hu?! SVN stands for SubVersioN - and I can really say, that the svn 639 isn't unstable. I got a nice preview plane and all is working fine... just give it a try ;) Install it in a separate folder and test it... I guess, I have 5 different svn folders... but only for the case, the next svn unexpected have an error...
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 05:34:14 AM »
Yes a lot of the time a SVN release is better because it has fix and updates for the other versions. You should try it! ;)

Offline w7

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 05:39:10 AM »
OK I'll consider it. Won't be before some time next week though.