Author Topic: NEW FEATURES: Autoresponder/Vacation message and Mark Read / Unread  (Read 8021 times)

Offline samoir

Hi everyone

Long time listener, first time caller.

Must say - am very impressed with Roundcube webmail interface. Love the powerful simplicity, the layout, and the drag multiple messages to folder, mysql... etc etc.

The only real cravings at this stage are:
  • Autoresponder / Vacation message
  • The ability to Mark messages READ / UNREAD

These features could have minor importance in terms of the navigation hierarchy:
  • Mark Read / Unread displayed where folder/message modifications are toggled next to: Select: All, Unread, None.
  • Autoresponder feature setup from within Personal Settings

Exceptional work guys, keep it up.

cheers

samoir

Offline resaturate

Re: NEW FEATURES: Autoresponder/Vacation message and Mark Read / Unread
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »
You can mark messages read/unread by clicking on the status icon to the left of a message's subject. If it's the blue unread star clicking it will mark it read and if it's a dot (read) or rounded arrow (replied) clicking it will mark the message unread. I feel UI credit is due to Thunderbird here. I don't think there's a way to change the status on multiple messages at once though.

I'd like a similar 'star' that can be toggled on/off as that's how I flag follow-ups in Thunderbird.

And an autoresponder/vacation message is a great idea.

Mark.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: NEW FEATURES: Autoresponder/Vacation message and Mark Read / Unread
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
An autoresponder / vacation message is not for a webmail client. It could be done, but you'd have to make it so configurable so that every IMAP server is taken into account because all handle them a little differently (much like SQL code). The same type of conversation is happening with filters and whether they should be included. They can be, but it has to be really configurable.

The issue lies in the fact that if you end your webmail session, the autoresponder and vaction messages won't work (if they're client-side) because there's no client to respond.... but if you set it up server-side, it works until you turn it off; however, every server sets these things up differently, so this could be a huge undertaking to get all the workings correct.