Author Topic: Unable to unset setting $config['dont_override'] = array('skin');  (Read 3961 times)

Offline stansab

Hi all,

I used to don't allow users to change the default skin by putting the following setting in config.inc.php :
Code: [Select]
$config['dont_override'] = array('skin');
Now, I added a new skin into the skins folder and I disabled the setting to allow users to choose their preferred skin :
$config['dont_override'] = array();
Then, I'm able to go to the login page, but not further : httpd daemon crash.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Unable to unset setting $config['dont_override'] = array('skin');
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:18:36 PM »
Whats in the log?

Offline stansab

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:08:10 AM »
There is no log from roundcube because httpd process crash as soon as I go after the login page. Here is my httpd-error log :
[Tue Jul 08 17:43:00.569648 2014] [core:notice] [pid 27766] AH00052: child pid 72658 exit signal Illegal instruction (4)
If I reset the $config['dont_override'] to array('skin'), then roundcube is working normally. (But users can't choose their preferred skin !)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
Check the main php error log.

Offline stansab

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:22:43 AM »
Could you help me to find it ? I run freeBSD.

Offline stansab

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:57 AM »
More infos that may help :
The situation : If I let the setting $config['dont_override'] to array('skin'), my Roundcube installation works perfectly.
If I unset the dont_override setting to let users change their preferred skin, apache crash each time a page is requested, apart from the login page that is correctly served.
If I restart apache, then — sometimes (!) — it's possible to go after the login page, but apache crash again very soon and then, no user can access the webmail.
I can't get any log from php, neither in roundcube/logs nor in /var/log/php-errors.log. I only get a child pid 72658 exit signal Illegal instruction (4) from apache log.

So, for the moment, I'm running roundcube with dont_override skin setting ON and users can connect to webmail, but they can't choose a skin.

I wish to dig unstead of having to do a fresh roundcube reintall.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »
If there isn't anything in the Roundcube, or PHP logs then its likely not a Roundcube problem. Its most likely an Apache and possibly PHP configuration problem. In order to find out more your going to have to look further into the Apache logs/crash reports.