Author Topic: Continuing problem with .gif and .png images not displaying in roundcubemail-0.  (Read 5026 times)

Offline kursaalflyer

After several installs and testing using IE6/7 Firefox2 and Opera 9.23I'm still having the problem of the messagetoolbar .png's, the roundcube icon and the folder tree icons not displaying. I've checked through as much documentation I can find and made the suggested alterations to the pngbehavior.htc file:
################
var supported = /MSIE (5\.5)|[6789]/.test(navigator.userAgent) && navigator.platform == "Win32";
var realSrc = null;
var blankSrc = "skins/default/images/blank.gif";

to

var supported = /MSIE (5\.5)|[6]/.test(navigator.userAgent) && navigator.platform == "Win32";
var realSrc = null;
var blankSrc = "skins/default/images/blank.gif";

################
and back again, removed the # from the .htaccess file ( AddDefaultCharset   UTF-8), checked the server error logs for the mb_convert_encoding problem in the main.inc file and reversed the $to and $from on line 194 which then threw out another charset error (WINDOWS-1250), so changed that to the ISO equivalent which seems to have quietened that down. Now there are no errors logged in the server error file but still the images aren't displaying. In IE 7 and Opera the image placeholders are there and in Firefox the placeholders appear on a page event such as load or mouseclick but then sidle together and disappear and also there are no folder icons. The searchbox image is slightly off kilter but the taskbar gifs are there. Everything else seems to work fine, the drag and drop, the address book etc. Has anyone got any idea what is going on here? I've been banging away at this for over a week now.

I also found this on this forum (http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=561.0) and ran the check (to directly access the image in the browser) to see if the roundcube logo showed up. Unlike the case in that posting, it did. So it's not to do with permissions.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks.  :'(

Offline kursaalflyer

Strewth, was it that long ago I posted this? I must be unique with this problem as there have been no replies. I'm still using roundcube without the icons, it's a bit like fumbling around inthe dark trying to send, collect, delete etc without icons. Surely someone out there has a suggestion?? Or am I here all alone? :(

Offline webneo82

Same problem here
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:17:32 PM »
Hi,

I'm using rouncube 0.1.1-stable and with IE6 and IE7 I have the same problem.
My images are not transparent and after finishing download all icons are hiding.

Offline webneo82

Solution for pngbehavior problem on < IE6
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
with following code it works fine, replace it with all in pngbehavior.htc

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:58:18 PM by webneo82 »

Offline rosali

Please attach as file ... forum code shows smileys in your code instead of real content!

-Roland
Regards,
Rosali

Offline micronaut

icons still disappearing
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
Quote from: webneo82;13410
with following code it works fine, replace it with all in pngbehavior.htc

bump

This is still an issue in firefox

Offline micronaut

Quote from: micronaut;20218
bump

This is still an issue in firefox

... and every other browser.  is this a file / directory permission problem?

Offline micronaut

Quote from: micronaut;20227
... and every other browser.  is this a file / directory permission problem?

guess not.  off to another webmail client.