Author Topic: Default the Search box to check Entire Message every time  (Read 2329 times)

Offline WebGuyz

Default the Search box to check Entire Message every time
« on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:15 AM »
RC 1.0 and whenever I search for a word and the check box for Entire Message is checked then RC works fine and finds my text inside of my messages. When I uncheck the Entire Message checkbox and choose just 1 option like subject it works fine. But if I choose more then 1 item then I always get a failure:

Server Error: UID SEARCH: UID invalid arguments

Accessing Smartmail server. Would like to default search to the option Entire Message  and maybe even do away with the drop down option which just confuses end users.

Anyone have a clue as how to fix this?
Thanks!

Offline Omir

Re: Default the Search box to check Entire Message every time
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Not sure why you get the error message but you can set the default search terms via the config file:

// Defaults of the search field configuration.
// The array can contain a per-folder list of header fields which should be considered when searching
// The entry with key '*' stands for all folders which do not have a specific list set.
// Please note that folder names should to be in sync with $config['default_folders']
$config['search_mods'] = null;  // Example: array('*' => array('subject'=>1, 'from'=>1), 'Sent' => array('subject'=>1, 'to'=>1));

You could remove items from the dropdown via jQuery perhaps:

$('#s_mod_subject').parent().parent().remove(); // removes the subject checkbox from search options