Author Topic: Mailbox is empty and other issues with IE11, other browsers fine  (Read 4486 times)

Offline jmeander

Mailbox is empty and other issues with IE11, other browsers fine
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »
Was previously running .8 and over the weekend I installed 1.0.1 and created a new DB from scratch (due to persistent issues with certain tables when running the upgrade script,) and carried new contacts over manually. Not a lot of users, obviously. :)

All went well with the transfer and my test users reported no issues, so I redirected the login URL to the new rcmail directory.

Some users are reporting they have blank folders (Mailbox is empty) when logging in with desktops running IE11. Chrome and FF are fine, as are mobiles. Some of the users' laptops running earlier IE versions are also fine. It just seems to be IE11. In addition to the allegedly empty mailbox, nothing responds to clicks other than the color picker. Can't access settings, address book or log out - all unresponsive.

Not an IE user myself but I can replicate the issue on my machine. I don't even know where to begin with this issue, but I did go into IE's options and added the mail domain to IE's trusted sites, turned off Protected Mode, turned Security down to low, cleared SSL cache - everything I could find - and nothing helped.

Running only 2 plugins at the moment: rcs_skins and globaladdressbook

Any suggestions where to look for this issue with IE11 and v1.0.1?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Mailbox is empty and other issues with IE11, other browsers fine
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
Why didn't you install the latest Roundcube version 1.0.5?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
I wonder if this is similar to the private browsing issue in Safari? Sounds the same. If IE11 has a private browsing option, have your users turn it off.

In Safari, this problem was fixed in version 1.0.2 or so. So I would echo Scott's thought of moving to the current 1.0.5.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jmeander

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
Totally my typo error, sorry. It *is* v1.0.5.

We've since discovered that a browser refresh (F5) in IE restores all mail and GUI functionality but only for that session. The user must F5 upon each login in order to view mail.

IE is not my milieu but I did see "disable toolbars and extensions" when InPrivate browsing and unticked that. I've not actively entered InPrivate mode, however, and it didn't help at all.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »
Since the UI is non-responsive there should be an error in the JS console.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »
I can not replicate this issue on my own IE11 tester using 1.0.5. Since this is a UI issue, I'd try disabling the rds_skins plugin, if you haven't tried that already.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jmeander

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »
Thank you all for the very speedy help. I don't mind saying I'm in deep waters here, so please bear with my ignorance.

Found the following js error in IE11
SCRIPTS: Access is denied
File: jquery.min.js, Line 2, Column 26524

Which appears to be:
Code: [Select]
function(a){return n.nodeName(a,"iframe")?a.contentDocument||a.contentWindow.document:n.merge([],a.childNodes)
I needed to wait for off-peak hours to disable the skins plugin - just did and here's what transpired:
I removed rcs_skins from the config plug-ins array and changed the config skin setting to classic. I did not delete rcs_skins from the plugins directory.

With the rcs_skins plugin disabled, the js error in IE11 went away, so that's helpful. But even with the rcs_skins plugin disabled a rcs_skins (litecube) still loaded. I'm guessing that's because it's specified in my user preferences and still present, never mind the default skin is now set to classic?

Not sure what that points to as the culprit.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »
Yes, if a skin is specified in your prefs, the default skin is ignored. Can you change your own skin to either Classic or Larry in the Settings? Or do you have skins listed as 'dont_override'?
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA