Author Topic: Roundcube Next  (Read 4612 times)

Offline tpayen

• Melanie2 Messaging
Roundcube Next
« on: August 20, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the work on Roundcube and the future Roundcube Next, which is an amazing and ambitious project.
We are a little team of developers and testers, working for a french Ministry, with (and for) open source projects. We are so excited by the announcement of Roundcube Next. And we are ready to help if needed (code, tests, translation fr, ...)

Have you got any news about the opening of the backstage area or the monthly meetings ? Aaron talks about July for the backstage area but we have not seen anything. My managers need some information about the project, so long as it is not open I ask here. Have you roughly quantified the work and the code for this project (I'm not talking about roadmap, just the amount of work in lines of code or person-days) ?

Thanks to give me any news on the project (I think I am not the only one interested) and sorry if it's the wrong place to ask
TPayen

Offline alec

Re: Roundcube Next
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »
You should ask Kolab Systems AG (https://kolabsystems.com/contact) or on Roundcube developers mailing list.

Offline riverco

Re: Roundcube Next
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »
hi,

so its a kolabsystems property now ? Didnt know that.

And a bit annoying there was nonstop news on twitter and everywhere else, now the money is collected, an obscure blog on kolab how paypal and others costs so much and poof nothing anymore. No news at all.
That is weird. A project with great goals and which is hyperactive to collect funds goes all of a sudden silent. A little bit of pr would not be bad here, And that obscure response with a url pointing to the general contact of kolabsystems even more odd.
I hope the roundcube team does come with some news finally of what is going on and an idea of a roadmap.