Author Topic: Unhandled error on moble  (Read 3370 times)

Offline ausworkshop

Unhandled error on moble
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:09:11 PM »
I was using roundcube on my android (S5)
It stopped working a while ago.  I get an unhandled error message, then it says to send the log to developers which I've done twice now.

I have no idea where to go for help with the mobile app.
What's going on?  Has it stopped working for everyone or just me?
Should I just give up and go back to using Outlook on my mobile?

Thanks for your time

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Unhandled error on moble
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:50:21 AM »
What do you mean by using "roundcube on my android" are you using Roundcube in the browser or a mail client like k9?

Offline ausworkshop

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:11:39 AM »
the roundcube app from the play store, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still same error, I might just use the stock android mail app but the roundcube one was good while it worked.  I use roundcube on my desktop but it was handy to see emails while on the go.  If I can't rely on it and have to spend a whole afternoon looking for a solution to get it working then I might just forget about it.  I've never been able to do much at all with mail on my phone.  I run a business from home and it would be handy to do emails when out but if it's still this complicated to get everything working on mobiles in 2016 then I will just have to forget about it for a few more years.  Having enough problems with Win10 at the moment, that's keeping me busy enough

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
The "Roundcube" mobile app on the play store isn't in anyway associated with the Roundcube project so only the developer of that app could potentially help you. Personally I'd recommend using a mobile mail client that are built to be a mobile mail client like K9 Mail rather than trying to use Roundcube which is built to be a webmail client.

Offline ausworkshop

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 02:23:34 AM »
Ok thanks.  Can you tell me what you like about k9?  how does it compare to others?  I'm just using the stock mail app now that came with my S5, it seems ok for viewing, haven't tried replying or attachments yet but it looks better than the roundcube one I think.

I'll get K9 and check it out if I have some spare time one day.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »
I like K9 because its open source, has good multiple account support as well as the setting I want for replying to mail.