Author Topic: Very confused about composer.php  (Read 3743 times)

Offline nerbrume

Very confused about composer.php
« on: June 03, 2016, 04:59:14 AM »
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the usage of composer.php, especially the update/upgrade procedure.
I just migrated to roundcube 1.2, and thought it would be a perfect time to upgrade my plugins as well.
(as an example, I'll talk about the carddav plugin, but I had the same issues with other plugins as well)

Prior to upgrade, my composer.json contained this, in the "require" section:
Code: [Select]
"roundcube/carddav": "dev-issue_129"First question is : should I have used master ? Isn't this reserved for usage with the currently in development branch of roundcube ?
After issuing
Code: [Select]
php composer.phar self-update
php composer.phar update
composer strangely asked if I wanted to activate the carddav plugin (it was already activated in my roundcube config).
More importantly, the update deleted my plugin/carddav/config.inc.php. Is it suposed to do that ? Having to check and update config files by hand for each plugin seems a bit tedious for me. :-\

Last, about the overall composer.json file. After updating, I noticed a composer.json-dist file, presumably the new "base" version of composer.json. Am I supposed to merge any changes by hand into my composer.json file ? Any other steps I might have missed ?

Thanks for reading, hope I was clear enough !