Author Topic: Can I copy fields between different database versions  (Read 5536 times)

Offline jwinterton

Can I copy fields between different database versions
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »
Hi roundcube community. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did search but found nowt.

Recently during an Ubuntu upgrade my roundcube installation was borked. Long story short I ended up wiping and re-installing 1.2.
I believe my old version was 0.9.5 (not 100% sure on that but if it helps in the system table the Roundcube Version was 2013011700).

My new install of 1.2.1 is working but I notice that all the user customisation is gone. That seems to live in the 'users' table in the 'preferences' field.
I note that in 1.2.1 there are a few new fields in this table (failed login etc) but others seem to be the same.

My question is has the format changed or can I safely cut and paste the common  fields from the old database to the new one - specifically the 'preferences' field but while I am about it how about all the fields in the users table?

Any help is much appreciated.
~J

Offline alec

Re: Can I copy fields between different database versions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 02:14:50 AM »
I guess you changed default_host in the config.

Offline jwinterton

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:21:59 AM »
Hello Alec,
If you are asking what I think you are asking then the answer is no I did not change it. It is still the localhost.
J

Offline jwinterton

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »
OK if nobody can answer my question how about this one - is the database schema for the various versions published anywhere? Then I can answer my own question! Thanks.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:35:16 PM »
You can always check the git repo to go between versions. You can manually update the database, check out the upgrade guide: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade