Author Topic: Signature Above Quote in Reply  (Read 3938 times)

Offline j-dub

Signature Above Quote in Reply
« on: February 06, 2017, 05:30:28 PM »
Howdy folks!

I've been using Roundcube for a few years now and all the sudden my signature is now below the quoted message when I reply.  I have to cut and paste it to move it above the message to which I'm replying.  I've tried changing my settings around  and nothing seems to work.  This is how I have them set now:

Signature Options
Automatically add signature---ALWAYS
Place signature below the quoted message---UNCHECKED
When replying remove original signature from message---UNCHECKED

Does anyone have a solution?  Please let me know as it's a real pain in the neck to have to cut and paste with every single email reply.

Thank you!!

Offline alec

Re: Signature Above Quote in Reply
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:30:53 AM »
Looks like a Firefox issue, but it's fixed now in git https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/46e3b94826827c8c75d32bba5819d0e6033521db. Patch your installation or wait for 1.2.4.

Offline j-dub

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »
Hi Alec,

Thanks for the response.  I use the Roundcube through the webmail feature through Host Gator which hosts my domain.  So, I imagine I'll need to wait for that to auto-update, right?

I fairly ignorant on the tech side of things so I just typically take the path of least resistance which can sometimes be to my detriment, but I'm so busy running my business I don't like to do things that take up too much time and which I might completely mess up.

So, since I link through my domain to my Roundcube email, do you think it's just gonna be easiest to wait til they update it or is there a simple fix?

Thanks again!

Offline rm13

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
The patch is only 2 lines of code, so wouldn't take much to patch.

If you have a Cpanel it probably has a Softaculous app installer and you could upgrade from there after 1.2.4 is available via Softaculous. It may or may not update automatically. Depends how they have it configured and the options you chose.