Author Topic: a001 NO Authentication failed - one new solution here  (Read 4713 times)

Offline jaume

a001 NO Authentication failed - one new solution here
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:45:36 AM »
I have added this also as a bug in the tracker.

I'm using roundcube for multidomain webmail hosting, with the login screen having to supply username/password/server. There is a bug authenticating users against /etc/mail/virtusertable. Users can't login to Roundcube because of a escape of the @ in that file. See:

[root@server]# cat /etc/mail/virtusertable

user1@domain.com user1\@domain.com
user2@domain.com user2\@domain.com
user3@domain.com user3\@domain.com

[root@server]#

--This errors are logged: In /var/log/messages/ see that user couldn't be retrieved from virtusertable:

Dec 21 09:47:14 server dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: method=PLAIN, rip=::ffff:xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, lip=::ffff:xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, secured

And in Roundcube error log:

[21-Dec-2007 10:14:03 +0100] IMAP Error: Authentication for user1\@domain.com failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Authentication failed." in on line 0

So I have workarounded the problem with a cron that copies the /etc/mail/virtusertable and removes the escapes and use this cleaned file /etc/mail/virtusertable_no_escapes in $rcmail_configvirtuser_file? , and all works correctly.

How can I make roundcube clean that \ so i can use the system virtusertable and not my cleaned one?

System: Latest Roundcube version, Centos 5, Dovecot, Sendmail, php5.2.5, mysql5.0.22, Apache2.2.3