Author Topic: quick question  (Read 3786 times)

Offline php3ch0

quick question
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »
I have a linux server with cpanel11. Normally I collect emails using pop3 and outlook. I want to add the option of having webmail access as well. If I install roundcube will I be able to collect emails in outlook using pop3 and also have them devlivered to roundcube webmail as well?

Offline MacOfTheEast

Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:27:44 AM »
Quote from: php3ch0
I have a linux server with cpanel11. Normally I collect emails using pop3 and outlook. I want to add the option of having webmail access as well. If I install roundcube will I be able to collect emails in outlook using pop3 and also have them devlivered to roundcube webmail as well?
The short answer is, "Yes". Your question does not really relate to Roundcube but to imap mail in general. Your users may view their mail using a webmail client online (server based) and then later pull all that same mail down to their systems using pop3. If their pop3 client, outlook in your case, is set to delete mail from server after pulling it down, then it will no longer be viewable via webmail. My recommendation would be to configure outlook to recognize their mail accounts as imap accounts and then they can have the best of both worlds.

MOTE