Author Topic: Roundcube 1.4 beta released  (Read 10685 times)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Roundcube 1.4 beta released
« on: August 25, 2018, 08:13:41 PM »
We proudly announce the beta release of the next major version 1.4 of Roundcube webmail. With this milestone we introduce some new features:

• New responsive skin with mobile support
  • Email Resent (Bounce) feature
  • Improved Mailvelope integration
  • Support for Redis cache
  • Support for SMTPUTF8

Because the new responsive skin is not yet fully completed, it’s not enabled by default. In order to make it the default for your users, change your config.inc.php accordingly:

Code: [Select]
$config['skin'] = 'elastic';

Although it still needs some polishing, the new skin solves the urgent need to enable access to Roundcube for mobile devices. The plugin elastic4mobile makes it the default for mobile devices while keeping the configured default for desktop browsers.

The Elastic skin is built with LESS and of course the sources are included. They allow a certain degree of customization by adjusting some color variables. All you need is to compile your very own customized skin with lessc.

See the full changelog in the release notes on the Github download page.

This is a beta release and we recommend to test it on a separate environment. And don’t forget to backup your data before installing it. Download it from roundcube.net.

Source: https://roundcube.net/news/2018/08/25/roundcube-1.4-beta-released
Get it Now: https://roundcube.net/download

Offline ElasticUser

Re: Roundcube 1.4 beta released
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »
What are the differences between 1.4-beta & 1.4-rc?  I thought that beta is the same as release candidate.   8)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:20:41 AM »
no they are not the same. these are general terms used in all software development, i'm sure you can lookup the definitions and their place in the software release life cycle yourself.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline ElasticUser

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 11:35:29 PM »
 8)

Offline hevvi

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 05:25:07 AM »
Hi all

Thank you very much for this! I am very excited after having tested the 1.4 beta, and I think this is a huge step in the right direction for RC. So thank you for working on this development.

Is there any update on expected release date for non-beta version?

Looking forward to this update :-)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
There currently isn't a date set for another beta or RC release of 1.4 https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/milestones

Offline ElasticUser

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 11:58:17 PM »
The milestone page doesn't show another 1.4 beta, and 1.4.0 RC often shows 100%, but I appears to be taking a long time for that to be available.  Before spring 2019 would be great!   8)