Author Topic: Unread mail not sorting correctly  (Read 6385 times)

Offline corrigan

Unread mail not sorting correctly
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »
When users log into RoundCube, often they see no unread mail in their inbox, even though their folder listing and the title shows that they have unread messages (and other mail clients show them at the top since they are the most recent). We have RoundCube set to display 50 messages per page, and in this situation there are not 50 messages being displayed on page 1. If there are 10 unread messages, 40 messages would be displayed (# per page- # unread). If you look through the pages you will find the unread messages on a later page (that page shows # per page + # unread).

The fix that I've found is that if you click the 'Compact' button, suddenly these new unread messages pop back to the top. New messages that come in after hitting 'Compact' are sorted correctly to the top. Before hitting compress arriving messages wouldn't appear on the front page.

I've been training my users to hit the 'Compact' button every time they log in, but It's a week work-around.

We have a really old Intrastore mail server (we have plans to upgrade in the future), which does not have SORT support. I don't know if that contributes to the problem, but it might.

* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=SKEY CHILDREN IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRAL                                              S NAMESPACE OPTIMIZE-1 QUOTA UIDPLUS

This problem has existed on every version of Roundcube I've ever tried (RC2, RC1 and before).

Any ideas?