Author Topic: RoundCube & cPanel  (Read 6197 times)

Offline LucasG

RoundCube & cPanel
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
I am having a few issues with RoundCube and cPanel. I made the installation pretty much using this guide: http://www.hostgeekz.com/guides/cPanel/64/Install_RoundCube_on_cPanel/roundcube.htm

I did skip a few steps like patching and so on. After the installation there are a few issues I cannot seem to solve and would appreciate any help.

1. If you click on inbox the e-mails disappear. You must reload in order to see it.
2. After selecting RoundCube on the webmail area it asks you for your login details once again instead of automatically taking you there.

Regards

Offline Sergio

Re: RoundCube & cPanel
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
I have just updated my RoundCube to the stable and have the same issue, I need to reload the page in order to see the emails that I have in my INBOX. If I try to see the emails that I have sent, it is not possible, it doesn´t shows anything.

Is there something that I need to check to fix this?

Offline houchin

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:00:30 PM »
I just installed 0.1 stable on a CPanel 11 system with very little hassle, and I didn't need to patch anything. The only changes I made were to convert the php ini stuff from the .htaccess file into a php.ini file. On my host, I can put a php.ini file into any directory and those options will be used.

Offline hubutz

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »
I dont user cPanel (whatever that is), but to be honest i have to manually change the mailfolders via the "adressbar". If i click on one folder i only see an empty one.
Is that a known bug? if yes: how can i fix that? I'm using 0.1 stable.

help would be nice :))

Cheers,
 hubutz

Offline h9Greg

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »
Cpanel is a website administration control panel for a host that uses Linux(it's not the only one, so you may not have used it, it's simply the most common).

I too am having this same issue, and am even finding it hard to find other people with the same issue, it doesnt even appear to be within the bug tracker, so perhaps this is a step or something I missed(doubtfully, I rechecked my steps about 30 times already).

Also checked with Imap, it works if directly connecting to IMAP.

Offline h9Greg

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Alright, after searching my butt off, I found a couple of things for the particular issues here:

Cpanel patch:
 For auto login:
 Edit the Index.php
Code: [Select]
// error steps
 if ($_action=='error' && !empty($_GET['_code']))
  raise_error(array('code' => hexdec($_GET['_code'])), FALSE, TRUE);

// ADD THIS WHOLE BLOCK OF 16 LINES - START
 if ( empty($_action) && empty($_SESSION['user_id']) && !empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_PASSWORD'])) {
   if (empty($_COOKIE)) {
    $OUTPUT->show_message("cookiesdisabled", 'warning');
   } else if (rcmail_login($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'], $_SERVER['REMOTE_PASSWORD'], $host)) {
    // create new session ID
    unset($_SESSION['temp']);
    sess_regenerate_id();
    // send auth cookie if necessary
    rcmail_authenticate_session();
    // send redirect
    header("Location: $COMM_PATH");
    exit;
  }
 }
 // ADD THIS WHOLE BLOCK OF 16 LINES - END
 // try to log in
 if ($_action=='login' && $_task=='mail')

None Cpanel, but cpanel needs this too, as when they go to check their mail, they will get a blank page.
 For e-mails not displaying:

Find and comment out:
// check client X-header to verify request origin
 if ($OUTPUT->ajax_call)
 {
  if (empty($CONFIG['devel_mode']) && !rc_request_header('X-RoundCube-Referer'))
  {
   header('HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found');
   die("Invalid Request");
  }
 }

Cpanel patch:
 For auto logout:

// end session
 else if (($_task=='logout' || $_action=='logout') && isset($_SESSION['user_id']))
 {
   $OUTPUT->show_message('loggedout');
   rcmail_kill_session();
   header('Location: /webmaillogout.cgi');  <--- ADD THIS LINE
   exit;                   <--- ADD THIS LINE
 }

Hope this helps you all, It finally fixed my issue.

Offline mystery

RoundCube & cPanel
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 02:16:09 AM »
I'm using cpanel 11.24.4 with rvskins. I'm trying to apply this patch but I'm still getting a blank page when trying to access roundcube. I even commented out the lines. I'm using the most recent up2date version of roundcube.

Any ideas?

Thanks!