Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Hotmail doesn't like roundcube ... No way to send mail to hotmail  (Read 3984 times)

Offline hermes

I saw some other posts about it, not answered, or with some kind of answer like "its a smtpd auth problem".
But in my case I can send email to hotmail accounts through a mail client like live mail (and everything is working ok) But when using roundcube (on the same smtpd server, postfix auth on dovecot), the emails sent never reach hotmail inbox (nor junk).

after some readings ....

I can succesfully send email through roundcube if :
 - I put some attachement to the mail

So what a strange behaviour oO. When using live mail client an email with "test" as subject and "test" as content reach its destination

So you will tell me now : so its working !?
Yes under certain circumstamces but i cannot ask my clients , each time they will have to write an email to hotmail to put an attachment ...

So something is going wrong or with the headers or with the structure of the email i dunno but something is going wrong for sure.

When replying to an email, no pb everything is working fine. Got a problem just when sending a new mail

I hope i was clear enough , english is not my mother tongue at all

If you want some logs, or source emails just ask ...

Offline till

Re: Hotmail doesn't like roundcube ... No way to send mail to hotmail
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »
Yes, logs would certainly help.

You may wanna read this:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_ReportIssues

Offline hermes

Re: Hotmail doesn't like roundcube ... No way to send mail to hotmail
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »
RESOLVED

I didnt know about it ... .but after some readings ....

I had to apply to the senderid program (microsoft), then add an spf entry to my dns then wait about 2 days.

All tht mess to make My domain Name "trusted" by ms authorities.

It would have been simple to guess if ms's mtas could give some kind of autoreply mail or some specific error code

AnyWay it is solved and everything is working smoothly.

Offline chome

Quote from: hermes;11103
RESOLVED

I didnt know about it ... .but after some readings ....

I had to apply to the senderid program (microsoft), then add an spf entry to my dns then wait about 2 days.

All tht mess to make My domain Name "trusted" by ms authorities.

It would have been simple to guess if ms's mtas could give some kind of autoreply mail or some specific error code

AnyWay it is solved and everything is working smoothly.

If really is the SenderID problem, why i still can send the email to HOTMAIL when i COMPOSE A NEW MESSAGE? To me, the problem only occurs when i replies a message from HOTMAIL sender.