Author Topic: Bluehost CPanel password change  (Read 1454 times)

Offline stray

Bluehost CPanel password change
« on: February 02, 2022, 01:01:46 PM »
I've been working on this for 3 or 4 days now, and I'm at a loss of what the problem is. Took me a little bit to figure out how to even get the password change option to show up. I've played with a few other plugins, but none of them seem to work. CPanel is the only one that really shows some sign of life. I'm assuming because Bluehost uses CPanel? I don't know, I'm new to all this. When the user attempts to change the password, it says "Could not save new password."

I've searched through the forums, and find a lot of people were having similar issues, but they're dating back 2010-2017. Both Roundcube and CPanel password driver have been updated recently.

The only workaround I found was to have a direct link to the CPanel webmail client, which uses Horde or Roundcube (user choice), and that is not what I'm wanting.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Bluehost CPanel password change
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 03:28:08 PM »
The CPanel driver should be the correct option. Have you set the `password_cpanel_host` config option? Is there an error in the roundcube log?

Offline stray

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

If this is the line you're asking about, this is a direct copy from the cpanel.php file

Code: [Select]
     $host = $config->get('password_cpanel_host', $storage_host);
Or is this the line? Direct (almost) copy from my config.inc.php file

Code: [Select]
// cPanel Driver options
// ---------------------
// The cPanel Host name
$config['password_cpanel_host'] = 'mail.[private].com';

// The cPanel port to use
$config['password_cpanel_port'] = 2096;

Offline stray

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
Weirdest thing just happened...

I just went to attempt to change the password to see if I could find an error log (force an error so I could get an up to date timestamp), and it just said "Successfully changed!"

I haven't changed anything regarding the password driver, or anything in relation to the webmail client. I've been banging my head for a few days trying to figure this out, and it just decided to work.