Author Topic: Option of Local Folders  (Read 1991 times)

Offline ajvprasad

Option of Local Folders
« on: April 14, 2022, 11:28:02 AM »
I have installed and configured roundcubemail in a linux box (Centos 8 stream) and working fine connecting to a corporate IMAP/SMTP server.
As corporate mailbox size is limited, I want to move mails to local folders just like MS Outlook. Is there any way in roundcubemail to achieve this ?  Export option does not serve the purpose as it is to be imported again to some system for reading.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Option of Local Folders
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 12:56:49 AM »
No Roundcube doesn't have a local mail storage system.

Offline ajvprasad

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 01:59:31 AM »
No Roundcube doesn't have a local mail storage system.

Thank You. Roundcubemail is already using storage on local machine ( I mean on webmail server ), so there is a chance to write a plugin for my purpose. I need some tutorial on writing plugin.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 12:11:10 PM »
A plugin could be written to do that but it wouldn't be easy since Roundcube user system is tied to login to a IMAP server and the setup to get a list of emails is only setup currently to pull using IMAP and not done directly from a file on the server.

Offline ajvprasad

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 12:31:08 PM »
A plugin could be written to do that but it wouldn't be easy since Roundcube user system is tied to login to a IMAP server and the setup to get a list of emails is only setup currently to pull using IMAP and not done directly from a file on the server.

Thank You. I thought of the stack  fetchmail -> postfix -> dovecot -> roundcubemail on my box will do the job but is it a bulkier solution ?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 12:37:18 PM by ajvprasad »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 04:33:19 PM »
That is a bulkier solution but is likely easier in the long since all mail would be on your local system and Roundcube can talk to the IMAP server like normal.

Offline ajvprasad

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 09:03:14 AM »
That is a bulkier solution but is likely easier in the long since all mail would be on your local system and Roundcube can talk to the IMAP server like normal.

Thank You