Author Topic: Android App display problems  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Heresolong

Android App display problems
« on: March 30, 2023, 05:19:01 PM »
I've been browsing and couldn't find the answer to this questions so joined and am posting now.  I just got an email that is web hosted through roundcube and went to grab the app.  It appears to work properly but...

1) display includes the whole left side with a list of folders.  Display includes just a bit of the window showing actual emails.  I can't seem to get them to resize.  I'll attach a screenshot below.

2) when I tap on an email nothing happens.  It just highlights the email.  Long pressing just selects for Copy/Paste, etc.  If I tap it enough times it loads and then I get the email in the skinny screen which is hard to read.

3) Toolbar seems to have other icons superimposed over it.

Samsung Galaxy S9 with whatever the latest updated to OS is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I can't find anything in the settings that would allow me to fix these problems.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Android App display problems
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 06:04:23 PM »
1. Your email is not hosted though Roundcube. Roundcube is a webmail client that your email provider is using to provide you with web interface to view your email.
2. Roundcube doesn't have a mobile app, you've likely installed a 3rd party app that is using the Roundcube name to provide a web view to Roundcube.

I would suggest using another email application and connecting directly to your email server with IMAP. Your email provider should be able to provide you the details to do that.

Offline Heresolong

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 07:09:14 PM »
LOL, the answer I wasn't expecting.  OK, thanks.  Appreciate the suggestions.

Offline ganesh_sp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 07:03:45 AM »
Hi,
I too have the same problem.
Roundcubemail works fine with laptop, desktop etc.
On mobile when I tap on an email nothing happens.  It just highlights the email.  Long pressing just selects for Copy/Paste, etc.  If I tap it enough times it loads and then I get the email in the skinny screen which is hard to read.

Thanks in Advance,
Ganesh.