Author Topic: Not receiving email reply  (Read 1726 times)

Offline forevertruthful95

Not receiving email reply
« on: July 15, 2023, 04:08:15 AM »
When i send an email from roundcube to a specific address, it is received but the replies given are not picked up at all. Possible reasons?

Offline Dmitry42

Re: Not receiving email reply
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 09:47:37 PM »
Roundcube - just web-based mail client, not server.
information not enought.

1. You receive new mail (not replies) from external and internal users?
2. what replies address you can see when you send replies ? its your domain when you use RC ?
3. Any server answers to undelivered replies ?
4. You can see server logs ?

Offline forevertruthful95

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 03:16:53 AM »
To answer each question:

1.Emails are received but any replies given by the intended person doesn't reach them.

2.I...didn't understand that question fully. But when the email is received, the email address of the sender is the same.

3.Nothing on that.

4.i see the logs for all emails i sent but no replies to those. i checked.

Offline Dmitry42

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 10:25:17 PM »
Ok I try explain. You have accounts on your server for example user1@domain.com and user2@domain.com

1. User2 can reply to user1 ? You will see replies ?
2. When you receive mail from gmail (or another external mail server ) and later you write reply - gmail account receive your reply ?
3. When gmail account recieve your mail from user1 (for example) and write reply - user1 receive reply from gmail ?
4. When user1,user2 and gmail account write reply - what address you can see in address string - its correct reply address ?
5. This problem only with replies and another message (incomming, outgoing) work fine to/from your domain.com and external mail servers ?
6. I mean imap and smtp server log for check what's going on, may be some problem with replies addresses or similar.

So we need check its problem only with replies and what back address for replies used.
You can open your sender mail and click on HEADER link to see what replies address you have in string FROM (like on screenshot) - its correct ?