Author Topic: Can't get Carddav to work on latest version  (Read 2351 times)

Offline JulianB

Can't get Carddav to work on latest version
« on: July 21, 2023, 12:47:30 PM »
Hi,

I have had to do a load of system upgrades on my openSUSE system including a move to php8 from php7. It broke my existing roundcube installation. So I started from scratch again:-

I have roundcube 1.6.2 running on an Apache server using php8.0.29.

All works fine but had an issue with managesieve which I think I have solved now.

I installed carddav but manually and using composer (believe it defaults to V3.0.3). When enabled in the main config file roundcube fails to start at all and I just get a blank webpage with Page not Found on it.

I have manually installed versions 5.01 and 4.4.6 (it's a virtual machine so backtracking is very easy and clean). With these versions of the plug the systems do initialize and and I can see the carddav option in Settings. However if I click on it I get the following error message:

FILE NOT FOUND
The requested resource was not found!
Please contact your server-administrator.
Failed request: xxxxx.xxxxx.xxx/Webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.carddav

I guess I am missing a dependency but I saw in this post:
https://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,29035.msg74665.html#msg74665

That if I kept the ...../vendor directory then dependencies would be taken care of.

Any advice would be most welcome

Julian

Offline JanRe

Re: Can't get Carddav to work on latest version --> solved
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 05:21:49 AM »
I observed the same problem in v5.0.1 and still in v5.1.0.
It was caused by a missing custom skin.

My roundcube server serves several domains, each with a different skin. These skins are defined in the ./skins folder.
There is also a ./plugins/carddav/skins folder, containing the looks of the carddav plugin.
As a quick fix, I copied the elastic skin to each of the custom skin names.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 03:48:05 AM by JanRe »