Author Topic: SSL Certificate Update - I know it isn't new  (Read 1653 times)

Offline kgh-man

SSL Certificate Update - I know it isn't new
« on: July 30, 2023, 07:19:28 PM »
I know this isn't new, but I haven't found anything on this forum that is similar to my problem, despite trying all the suggestions.

I just updated my wildcard SSL certificate, this isn't a Let'sEncrypt cert, it is a real paid for cert.  It is verified, working across all my various sites, and the config files are all correct.  My mail server is working, I can send and receive emails using a stand alone client. Port 993 is working. Dovecot is running. The only thing that isn't working now is Roundcube.  (It was before the update to the new ssl cert.)

When I updated the certificates, I used the same names as the old ones so I wouldn't have to go into all the config files and update them.  For example ssl.crt was replaced with ssl.crt after I copied the old ssl.crt as ssl.crt.old.

As I said, it has worked for everything except roundcube.

The error is Connection to storage server failed, and when I look at the logs it says IMAP connection failed for unknown reason. If it is a permissions issue, the ssl.crt, etc. are set 644. If it is an owner issue, then please tell me who the owner should be.

The last time this happened (last year) I just reinstalled roundcube. Please don't make me do that again. This should be easier than that. Thanks.

P.S. I am running Ubuntu 20.04 with php7.4-fpm and apache2.

Offline alec

Re: SSL Certificate Update - I know it isn't new
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 01:24:01 AM »
I doubt reinstalling Roundcube would help, but maybe you have to restart php-fpm process.

Offline kgh-man

Re: SSL Certificate Update - I know it isn't new
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 12:05:35 PM »
Thanks. I tried restarting php-fpm, and it didn't change anything. I'm wondering if there is some marker in the sql database that needs to be updated somehow.