Author Topic: Calendar Server Address Issue through Hostgator  (Read 1563 times)

Offline tpennington

Calendar Server Address Issue through Hostgator
« on: October 04, 2023, 05:09:30 PM »
I am having an issue in setting up a calendar from my website hosted on Hostgator that uses Roundcube.

I use Apple Mail and BusyCal, and Hostgator is telling me that for the "Server Address" section of setting it up, to use:

https://mysite.com:2096/cpsess1452977483/3rdparty/roundcube/?_task=calendar&_cal=dHBAZmluaXNoaW5nYW5kY29hdGluZy5jb206MQ%3D%3D.ics&_action=feed

I keep getting an error; Hostgator sent me to Apple and BusyCal, which both told me that the link I am using is to get to the webmail portal.

Hostgator can't seem to figure out what the "Server Address" would be or how to give me the correct info. At this point they are guessing and give me gator2127.hostgator.com or just telling me to input my IPS address account.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Offline tpennington

Re: Calendar Server Address Issue through Hostgator
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 05:03:33 PM »
I will amend my message with this question: how can I get the Roundcube calendar to sync with my native calendar apps on my computer?

Right now, when I copy the link from Roundcube, it says "Use the following address to access (read only) your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar software that supports the iCal format."

Meaning I can have it on my native calendar apps on my Mac, but I can add or change any calendar item.

Is there a way for the Roundcube calendar to be read/write?

I use Hostgator as my host; I can't seem to get much help from them on this.

Thank you.

Offline Dmitry42

Re: Calendar Server Address Issue through Hostgator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 09:59:21 AM »
Google about CalDav.

Standart RC calendar - work only in RC.