Author Topic: Empty startup greeting (127.0.0.1:143) in /var/www/roundcubemall-0.7.2/program/i  (Read 1781 times)

Offline 848623143

I am unable to log in to my email. Upon checking the backend logs, the following error was found:
mail roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for mengchaosunftswcc.com from 61.241.70.233. Empty startup greeting (127.0.0.1:143) in /var/www/roundcubemall-0.7.2/program/include/rcube imap .php online 205 (posT /mail/? task=logins action=login)
I hope someone can help me, thank you!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
looks like you are missing the tls:// prefix on your default_host (now called imap_host) config setting. I would say since you are connecting to localhost you will also need to disable certificate validation, see https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/FAQ#problems-connecting-imapsmtp-server-via-ssltls but because of the old version of PHP you are running this is disabled by default.

0.7.2 over 11 years old, there are known exploits. please update. program/include/rcube_imap.php has not existed since version 0.9 which was released 10 years ago.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline 848623143

Thank you. I'll give it a try