Author Topic: Folder-specific "Sent" folder?  (Read 591 times)

Offline MisterPotamus

Folder-specific "Sent" folder?
« on: December 30, 2023, 09:59:10 PM »
In roundcube, assume that I have set up a few different folders to contain different emails.

And for example, let's assume that one folder is named "folder1", and the other folder is named "folder2".

If I go into folder1 and select an email, and if I write a reply to that email and send it, I'd like a copy of that sent email it to go into a folder-specific "Sent" folder called, for example, "folder1-sent".

And if I go into folder2 and select an email, and if I write a reply to that email and send it, I'd like a copy of that sent email it to go into a folder-specific "Sent" folder called, for example, "folder2-sent".

Furthermore, I'd like this to automatically occur for each and every sent email from each of these two folders, without my manually setting any fields in the sent messages.

Is there any way that I can make that happen in roundcube?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and ideas.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Folder-specific "Sent" folder?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 03:49:43 AM »
Roundcube allows the user to specify the folder an outgoing message should be saved in at compose time, on the compose screen there is a "Save sent message in" option with a folder list. There is also the setting `Preferences > Composing Messages > Place replies in the folder of the message being replied to`. But there is nothing out of the box to automatically create, subscribe to and then put the message into a sub folder. However, I think you might be able to do this with a plugin on the `message_compose` hook, similar to how `reply_same_folder` works.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦