Author Topic: using roundcube 'client' in my app  (Read 708 times)

Offline jmfamp

using roundcube 'client' in my app
« on: February 14, 2024, 11:03:13 AM »
I'd like to use the Roundcube HTML interface from within my app...already using Roundcube on server.

We'd like to remove calender and some other functionality...basically just for email.

I briefly looked over the docs and searched the forum...couldn't determine if this would be easy or not...

our stack incudes a web app...Laravel, electron.js application and a mobile app...using Vue and Ionic.

Thanks,

Mark

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: using roundcube 'client' in my app
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:09:13 AM »
It could be done if you include Roundcube in an iFrame. You may need to disable some plugins like the calendar and maybe build a plugin to do a automatic sign so your users don't have to sign in again but that would all depend on your application requirements.

Offline jmfamp

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:47:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply...

In Electron, we use an Iframe for other 'includes'...pages/forms from web app...but do you mean within our web app we'd also use an iframe?   

I've attached an image of what I'd like to use...eliminating the icons that are 'scratched out'....probably wouldn't need to remove all the controllers/functionality, just the 'links'.

Also, and forgieve me...this id probably easy to find, but since 'you're here'...is there an API that can be used to keep 'Contacts' in sync from our database table of contacts?

Thanks.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 05:13:29 PM »
Inside your web app you could have a iframe to include Roundcube in your UI.

In order to make any customizations to Roundcube you'll need to do your own install since you can't modify the version that comes with cPanel easily.

You can build a custom address book handler to pull the contacts from a different location. Take a look at the "example_addressbook" plugin that comes with Roundcube for an example of how to build it: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/example_addressbook