Author Topic: Failed to load PDF document.  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Guilhermehsa

Failed to load PDF document.
« on: February 16, 2024, 08:54:59 PM »
Hello,

I am facing a peculiar problem, where when trying to open any PDF file larger than 2MB present as an attachment in an email, the message ''Failed to load PDF document.'' is displayed.

I have already looked through all possible configuration files, however I have not identified any way to increase this viewing limit.

If I try to open any pdf file attached to the message that is smaller than 2MB, it is displayed correctly in roundcube webmail, however, if I try to open a file in webmail that is 2MB or larger, after a few minutes of loading, the message ''Failed to load PDF document.''

Has anyone experienced this and could help me with how to increase this viewing limit for pdf files in roundcube webmail?

If I try to open, for example, an image (.jpeg / .png), even if it is larger than 2MB it is displayed correctly via webmail, unlike the .pdf file, which if it is larger than 2MB there is no other option other than downloading it. so that viewing is possible.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Failed to load PDF document.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 04:25:16 AM »
Is there anything in the Roundcube error log? Or does the browser console show anything helpful?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Guilhermehsa

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 04:04:44 PM »
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Nothing in the logs, and also in the browser console.

Anything else I can try?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 04:07:47 PM »
is it the second last request in your screenshot, the 0b one? if so then is it possible there is something else on your webserver, something outside of roundcube which could be blocking the request?

what if you download the file rather than preview it? assuming its not 0b can you have a look whats in it?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Guilhermehsa

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 03:38:26 PM »
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

In fact, the request shows 0b. Downloading any file regardless of size is functional, but trying to view any .pdf file over 2MB is not possible.

All server limits, whether php or webserver, are set above 100MB.

Even disabling ModSecutiry was not functional.

I can't see any other alternatives than I could validate.