Author Topic: Ubuntu 20.04 : Storage server connection error  (Read 422 times)

Offline alain25

Ubuntu 20.04 : Storage server connection error
« on: March 22, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »

Hello,

I have configured my postfix server and postfixadmin on an ubuntu 20.04 and everything works well, I tested on Microsoft Outook, a send message and also I receive well.

I have configured roundcube with version 1.6.5, when I try to connect to my web interface (webmail.domain.tld), I cannot connect, I get the following error message:
storage server connection error.

I've checked the logs in /var/log/apache2/roundcube-access.log and /var/log/apache2/roundcube-error.log.

I can't see any errors.

I've checked whether the database fills up when I try to connect. It gives me the client's email address and IP address.

Have you encountered this error? And how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Offline alain25

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 : Storage server connection error
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 06:04:03 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm replying to myself, but it may help people.

If you see the error Storage server connection failed when you try to connect to Roundcube, it's probably because
- The Dovecot server is not working.

You can restart Dovecot with sudo systemctl restart dovecot and check its status with systemctl status dovecot.
- You are using a self-signed TLS certificate.

Roundcube requires a valid TLS certificate issued by a trusted certification authority, such as Let's Encrypt.
- Your TLS certificate has expired.

You can renew the Let's Encrypt TLS certificate with sudo certbot renew, then restart Postfix and Dovecot (sudo systemctl restart postfix dovecot).

You can also try adding a custom DNS entry to the /etc/hosts file, so that Roundcube can resolve the mail server hostname correctly.

Thanks a lot