Author Topic: Import addressbook  (Read 132 times)

Offline gandalf

Import addressbook
« on: April 18, 2024, 04:06:33 AM »
Hi all
I'm new to roundcube and i'm trying to set up a new server.

I have a lot of mailboxes (near 10k) with an old webmail (groupoffice) and I have to replace it with roundcube.

No issue installing roundcube and configuring it, it's working great. But I have to migrate the addressbooks from groupoffice to roundcube

I didn't find a migration script, so I have to write it on my own.

Please tell me if my assumptions are ok:

1. i batch-insert all email users to roundcube "users" db table (last_login and preferences empty)
2. add a contactgroup with the user_id taken from the users table
4. batch-insert all contacts from the old server addressbook to the contacts table, using the user_id taken at step1. The address book is mostly a vcard stored as text in "vcard" column, plus email,firstname,surname exposed in dedicated fields. What's the "name" field ?
4. batch-insert the relation between contacts and contactgroups in the table contacgroupmembers

Is this correct ?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Import addressbook
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 05:33:14 AM »
The steps sound reasonable to me but I've not done this task myself. The "name" field is the Display Name for the contact e.g. `[first name] [last name]`.

BTW shipped with Roundcube in the bin folder is a script called indexcontacts.sh once you have done your import then if you run this script it will populate the "words" column.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦