Author Topic: Can't change view  (Read 250 times)

Offline FaithJ

Can't change view
« on: April 22, 2024, 08:04:43 PM »
I don't know if this goes here or not. I tried it somewhere else and got a message that I wasn't allowed.

My email is set up through my web host and I've never done installations.

Today I opened my email and it was an all new interface. I like most of the changes I see, but when I click the gear, I can't find anything that will get rid of the third pane that shows the full email. I used to be able to do that. I absolutely hate that pane. If I want to read an email, I'll click on it. The size isn't even significantly adjustable. All I want is my list of folders on the left and the list of the folder's emails on the right (in a wider pane). I'm finding it very difficult to read the list all squished into the middle of my screen.

Does this adjustment exist? Do I need to contact the web host to change it?

TIA
Faith

Offline smartpaul

Re: Can't change view
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 02:29:54 AM »
I absolutely agree with this comment.
I also only use this as webmail which I visit to check for any emails that have been lost as spam to the junk folder. 
The previous version allowed me to see at a glance the status of the folders (if there was anything unread in Junk) as well as see the list of emails in my inbox; the presented page was all useful information.
Now, more information that I want is crammed into the narrow left pane while most of the page is completely wasted and I then have to go searching for the folders.

A very good example of change for the sake of change rather than actually as an improvement? 

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't change view
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 03:38:29 AM »
Other skins are available https://packagist.org/?type=roundcube-skin. Support for the Classic and Larry skins is now deprecated but the skins are still available. stretchedelastic extended the Elastic skin and adds support for list and desktop layouts.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦