Author Topic: cpanel login without popup  (Read 7868 times)

Offline generic

cpanel login without popup
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »
HI I just got roundcube with my cpanel update.....

When trying to login to domain.com/webmail  i get the cpanel popup login box.  I was wondering if there is a way to make /webmail go to roundcubes loign page. (I hate the cpanel popup)

Then upon exit, how do i get to the roundcube logout page rather than the cpanel webmail logout page.

I see a lot of stuff on installs, but nothing to cover this specific issue.  I used to use an ALIAS in httpd.conf when i used nutsmail/squirrelmail.  Maybe that is the answer but i cant seem to get any alias to go to the roundcube login page.

I'm new here, Thank you in advance.

Offline dano

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
These are all questions having to do with cPanel not Roundcube...

Offline generic

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »
Wow, what a welcome.  May I thank you for your assistance.....

I was hoping someone here may have experienced this and already has a solution. I am guessing with cpanel now using roundcube you will start getting a lot of new questions from people like me.  

If questions like mine are not welcome, let me know and I will be sure to make a post in the cpanel forum that we are not welcome here in the roundcube forums.

Offline dano

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
Generic,

I apologize if my answer seemed to make you unwelcome it certainly was not meant that way.  I am a cPanel user as well as you and have fought many different sorts of things with their 'default' installs.  You modify it and the very next cPanel update will revert it right back to the way it was.  Due to this any modification you make to Roundcube configuration files will be changed right back.

Because of things like this the best way to get your answer really probably is their forums.

Offline generic

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 11:39:09 PM »
here is why I chose to post my quesiton in this forum.

Note, the initial page presented by the webmail interface provides functionality not available in any of the webmail clients. Keep in mind, not everyone who logs into webmail may want to use a webmail client - they may want to simply manage their server-side mail filtering rules.

By logging users directly into the webmail client you will be denying your webmail users the following functionality:
- Change their email password
- Set up an auto-responder for their email (a.k.a. vacation message)
- Server-side mail filtering
- Boxtrapper management
- Ability to control forwarding of their email (very useful if they have a blackberry)
- Ability to trace mail delivery routes
- Ability to automatically configure their mail client.

Remember, webmail users cannot login to the cPanel interface.

Thanks cpanel forums :{

Offline seanbarr1988

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »
i have the same problem using bluehost  they told me to  reinstall roundcube   into   /email   because webmail was a preset that cannot be used

i hate bluehost btw  everything i have tried to do requires a support ticket to be created followed by  a 72 hour (if not more) waiting period before i get a reply with the changes made.........

Offline generic

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »
I use servint.net and have my own vps, their support is great.  Hopefully someone her will post their solution when more cpanel users start using roundcube and want a similar solution.

Does not appear cpanel support is willing to assist as you see by their response..

Thanks.