Author Topic: MobileMe  (Read 59889 times)

Offline hunterhdolan

MobileMe
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
Thank-you so much

Offline gjrweb

MobileMe
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »
Hi Guys,

Roundcube is it version 0.3.1 at the moment. Any updates on the MobileMe theme?

Version 1.1 is still the latest version?

Many thanks!

Offline Alex3

MobileMe
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:11 AM »
Quote from: gjrweb;23033
Hi Guys,

Roundcube is it version 0.3.1 at the moment. Any updates on the MobileMe theme?

Version 1.1 is still the latest version?

Many thanks!

THis theme hasn't been touched in a looooong time!

Offline gjrweb

MobileMe
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 04:42:35 AM »
the theme however looks great, nobody working on it? Does it still apply to Roundcube version 0.3.1?

Offline Alex3

MobileMe
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 04:44:17 AM »
Quote from: gjrweb;23036
the theme however looks great, nobody working on it? Does it still apply to Roundcube version 0.3.1?

I modded it a little while ago so that it worked OK with 0.2.x, but there was some stuff that still was flakey.

It's a very nice theme indeed, but it appears that the dev has dropped it.

Offline gjrweb

MobileMe
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 05:22:35 AM »
ok, thanks for the fast responses! :) I will keep an eye on it...

Offline DClark

MobileMe
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Hi Guys

I downloaded this theme in the summer and was very impressed with it, but was also a bit disappointed with alot of little things that just didn't work right (eg the way I expected it to work).

So on and off from august I have been learning a bit about css and how the theme was put together, and I have sorted lots of the little things.

Since I got the theme from this very site and the original creator hasn't updated it for a while, I thought I'd give everyone an early christmas present and post my own admendments to the theme both for roundcube 0.2 and the latest roundcube 0.3 I'm calling it MobileMe 2.0 just because I've changed too much from the original 1.1 version.

I have done this due to the need to move on from the 0.2 code base myself with working preferences, just a little disclaimer for my changes, the theme has moved away from being an exact copy of Orignal MobileMe to more of a MobileMe based them for Roundcube (also roundcube 0.3 version preferences screen is buggy but works, just refresh entire browser window after theme change).
I did this to make it easier for me as there was always one or two functions not available from the main page which I needed and I didn't want to always change page to use it.

I hope they are of some use.

Offline jmorrow

MobileMe
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
You sir rock! I was planning on doing this and you saved me the trouble!

Offline phireware

Nice 2.0! I fixed a problems I found.
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »
So I downloaded the MobileMe 2.0 and I was very pleased with it! Great job! There were just a few things that were still not working for me in Safari 4 so i fixed them and am going to share it. I only tried it in Safari 4 but let me know how it is!

I fixed:
Long Mail Box List
Fixed the Message Header thing in mail list
Fixed Compose Area
Fixed Search Box
Changed User Prefs Area a bit

I attached all the problems that accrued and when you download it you will be able to see that I fixed the pictured problems. I also put a picture of the new user pref style I added. Thought this would help keep the MobileMe Theme alive! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to make it better!

I called it MobileMe 2.1 :) It has only been tested on 0.3.1 stable in Safari 4!!!

Download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/486610/MobileMe2.1.zip
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:22:30 AM by phireware »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
MobileMe
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »
Quote from: phireware;24224
So I downloaded the MobileMe 2.0 and I was very pleased with it! Great job! There were just a few things that were still not working for me in Safari 4 so i fixed them and am going to share it. I only tried it in Safari 4 but let me know how it is!
e MobileMe Theme alive! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to make it better!
Interesting skin, very promising. I tested it in Safari 4 (Snow Leopard), Camino (Mac) and Firefox 3.5 (in XP). Here are things I noted while testing 2.1 -
  • Does not support nested folders
  • Does not support the 'Flagged' column in the message list
  • Many common plugins not well supported, such as Contextmenu (works, but bad CSS), Password (tab not visible in Prefs), and Vacation (tab also not visible in Prefs)
  • Tools button in toolbar only has 'Show Source', no dropdown with the other actions
  • Line spacing in the messagelist is variable - if only a few mesages are in a mailbox they are spaced vertically to fill the window, even if there are only three or four. Looks odd.
  • Login and Logout page shows Apple's copyright and probably needs to be purged of their trademarks
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 02:46:33 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

Problems with 2.1
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 10:40:01 PM »
Some of the problems you listed would be easily fixed. I could probably fix them now. The only thing that I didn't test was plugins because I don't have any installed. So does the theme work well in all the browsers that you have? I can try to see if there are any other problems. Seems like the search bar in Safari is being a problem.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
MobileMe
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2009, 10:55:01 PM »
In addition to the browsers listed above, I also tried IE 8 in XP. Surprisingly, that worked pretty well also. I found one oddity in the "Compact" and "Empty" buttons, the labels are large and don't fit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:30:57 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

MobileMe
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Quote from: ABerglund;24229
In addition to the browsers listed above, I also tried IE 8 in XP. Surprisingly, that worked pretty well also. I found one oddity in the "Compact" and "Empty" buttons, the labels are large and don't fit. See attached.

Ya, I had that same problem in safari but I fixed it. Maybe I can try to fix I. In IE too

Posted via Mobile Device

Offline DClark

MobileMe
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2009, 02:16:19 PM »
Quote from: jmorrow;24204
You sir rock! I was planning on doing this and you saved me the trouble!

Not a problem jmorrow glad you liked it.

Offline DClark

MobileMe
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »
Quote from: phireware;24224
There were just a few things that were still not working for me in Safari 4 so i fixed them and am going to share it. I only tried it in Safari 4 but let me know how it is!

I fixed:
Long Mail Box List
Fixed the Message Header thing in mail list
Fixed Compose Area
Fixed Search Box
Changed User Prefs Area a bit

I attached all the problems that accrued and when you download it you will be able to see that I fixed the pictured problems. I also put a picture of the new user pref style I added. Thought this would help keep the MobileMe Theme alive! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to make it better!

Hi phireware, I have checked the problems you were having in Safari, I did check my version of the code with safari and weren't getting the problems you had with the search button, I had changed the code somewhere to disable that problem, basically the default search box in the browser was being used instead of the theme we were creating, if anybody is interested.

phireware did you mix in my changes with your existing copy of the theme? I'm just curious why you had the problems while I didn't. I tested on a mac version of safari and firefox.

I like the changes you made to the prefs and how did you get the text style bar on screen in compose, is this a plugin looks nice.

Quote from: ABerglund;24227
Interesting skin, very promising. I tested it in Safari 4 (Snow Leopard), Camino (Mac) and Firefox 3.5 (in XP). Here are things I noted while testing 2.1 -
  • Does not support nested folders
  • Does not support the 'Flagged' column in the message list
  • Many common plugins not well supported, such as Contextmenu (works, but bad CSS), Password (tab not visible in Prefs), and Vacation (tab also not visible in Prefs)
  • Tools button in toolbar only has 'Show Source', no dropdown with the other actions
  • Line spacing in the messagelist is variable - if only a few mesages are in a mailbox they are spaced vertically to fill the window, even if there are only three or four. Looks odd.
  • Login and Logout page shows Apple's copyright and probably needs to be purged of their trademarks

Hi ABerglund there are alot of bad coding in the theme causing alot of bugs from the original developer, I agree the 'Show Source' button needs to be changed to show list of functions available in the default theme. Are you able to help and correct the code for this problem?

Although the flagged column isn't supported the attachment coloumn is.

As of the copyright messages on the logon page, it was probably originally made to probably be as accurate with original mobileme logon page.
If you were getting rid of the copyright message and apple logo, you'll also have to get rid of the picture of the icons as well as they are still apple property. With keeping the apple copyright your at least acknowledging apples work.

Quote from: ABerglund;24229
In addition to the browsers listed above, I also tried IE 8 in XP. Surprisingly, that worked pretty well also. I found one oddity in the "Compact" and "Empty" buttons, the labels are large and don't fit. See attached.

I don't get this error either as the text doesn't show on mine just the icons, unfortunately I can't remember where the settings to remove the text from are. It must be a configuration file for roundcube outside the theme.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:46:32 PM by DClark »