Author Topic: Some misc queries for this webmail front end  (Read 6735 times)

Offline DB2k

Some misc queries for this webmail front end
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »
Hi all.

If this is all asked somewhere else please direct me - I could not see the answers!

1) I could install this on a server and interface it with a Gmail account right?

2) Can I have multiple accounts in tabs or anything like that? And is there an option to mash all accounts into one visible page?

3) If it is possible to have multiple accounts viewable via this one front end, can I drag and drop mail between accounts?

4) If I have a server with contacts and calendar sync'd on it, can I relatively easily make this viewable in this front end? In that I can click a contact and send a mail to that contact through whichever account I have selected - without the need to have the contacts provisioned in each accounts local contact list structure.

thanks!
Dave

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:28:54 AM »
1) yep
2) no, not at the moment
3) no, not at the moment
4) there is no calendar in RC but syncing the address book automatically just needs a mysql update to be run say from a cron job

I have heard the multiple accounts thing before and the tabs thing has come up too but i havent seen an example of it yet, may be some one has a patch or you could make one.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline DB2k

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 03:42:22 AM »
Thanks Jon - very kind.

Wonder how much cash I;d have to give the developers to get them to add that for me :-)
$5k ?

Thanks again - I like the Roundmail from what I have seen but the multi account mashup/tabbed is a critical for me at the moment.

D

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
The devs don't work for cash ;)  Feel free to donate; however, all donations go to a charity.

I think the multiple accounts is probably on the roadmap, but in the distant future.  If you want, you can have firefox open and log in to multiple different email accounts and keep them open all at the same time.  That's as close to multiple tabs you'll get for now ;)

Offline DB2k

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
thanks mate :)

shame then.. won't really be able to offer it to our customers. Looks lovely tho.